Choose one guide of the following below, to flash your GIGABYTE motherboard:
VERSION 1 DOS
(fastest way if you do it one time per year).
You only need one file, the BIOS file for your motherboard.
- To download the latest BIOS for your motherboard go to gigabyte.com and enter the model of your motherboard in the search field located in the top right corner.
Click on the tab “Support & Downloads”
Set “Download Type” to BIOS
Download latest BIOS file.
- Unpack the file you just downloaded.
- You now see three files, Efiflash, autoexec together with a file that’s called the same as your chosen motherboard. In this example we will use the BIOS from G1.Sniper A88X.
- Copy the file SNIPER88X.F7 to a USB flash drive. (.F7 indicates the BIOS version)
- Reboot your computer, and during boot press ”END” (when you normally press ”DEL” to enter BIOS”).
- GIGABYTE Q-flash utility will now start, and you can load your new BIOS from the USB flash drive.
- Choose ”Update BIOS from Drive”
- Select your device – press enter and pick your BIOS file.
- Q-Flash will now start the process and update the BIOS on your motherboard.
VERSION 2 DOS
(fastest way if you have several computers to flash, or you just like to flash. This includes to create bootable USB flash drive)
- Run hpusb.exe to install the utility.
- Plug in you USB flash drive to your computer.
- Run the program you just installed (HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool).
- Select your USB flash drive as your device.
- Choose FAT32 as file system.
- (Optional) Select Volume label if you want to give your USB flash drive a name.
- Under format options, choose create a DOS startup disk.
- Select ”using DOS system files located at” and point the program to the folder ”win98boot” which you just downloaded (you need to unzip this folder).
- Then click the start button.
- Now when you have created your bootable USB flash drive, you need to input the BIOS.
- Download the latest BIOS for your motherboard from gigabyte.com
- Unpack the file that you just downloaded.
- You now see three files, Efiflash, autoexec together with a file that’s called the same as your chosen motherboard.
- Copy all three files to the USB flash drive.
- Choose ”replace all files on destination”
- Reboot your computer, and during boot press ”F12″ (when you normally press ”DEL” to enter BIOS”.
- Choose ”boot from USB”.
- EFI flash will now start the process and update the BIOS on your motherboard.