Hello Lovely Bloggers and Readers, How are all of you ? Hope all of you are good and fine.
So Let’s start today topic “How to create a blog on WordPress blogging platform ?”. I hope all of you have read my last and last to last posts of How to do create a blog free on blogspot blogging platform ? and How to do blogging ? . If anyone of you have not read that please have on that because this post need some knowledge which will you get from my previous posts. Ok, Move to further.
As we know, WordPress is a blogging platform, you can use wordpress for create a professional website for your business, products , services , agency , etc. Mostly bloggers are using wordpress. How many of you know , why are they using wordpress ? . The answer of this question is very simple because WordPress comes with so many functionality which can enhance your blogging experience and make your world famous bloggers. It will increase your engagement of readers.
WordPress needs two things before starting a blog. The two things are one is domain name and other one is hosting. I hope all of you have domain name and hosting. If anyone of you don’t know how to buy a domain name ? or how to buy a hosting ? Please do let me know. I will help you out.
SO LET’S START STEP BY STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO CREATE A BLOG ON WORDPRESS ?
1. Step 1 : Install wordpress on Cpanel ( Control panel of your hosting )
In this step, we will install WordPress on cpanel. Cpanel is the control panel of your hosting. Open your control panel. When you attached your domain name with hosting , you have to create cpanel username and password. I hope all of you have that. You can go to your cpanel from hosting account or directly by this url ( http://www.example.com/cpanel ). Please change example.com with your domain name. When you open that Cpanel ask you to put username and password of your website cpanel. You will get screen like below.
When you go down into this. You will see some software name will appear like wordpress, drupal, joomla etc. You will click on WordPress. You will get this window, where you will get one button of Install this application.
Click on that button. Great what we need to do. We will see our domain name in the starting, Please select your domain name with www .
If you have multiple domain in your hosting, your all domain will appear there. Please select domain name in which you want to install wordpress. Leave blank directory option. By default in directory option, you will see blog written. Remove whatever has written in the directory option. Go to downside, There is an option with name administrative username and password for your wordpress login. Write username and password whatever suitable for you. Don’t click and write anywhere else. Go down and you will get an option of Install , Click on this install button. You will get screen of processing. Just wait. After 2-3 minutes, You will get a screen something like below where you will get something like below screen. example.com , example.com/wp-admin/ wordpress.org/support.
Understand this : Example.com is your website or blog homepage or you can say frontend of your blog.
Example.com/wp-admin/ is the admin panel of your wordpress blog. By this admin panel you can add content, add media, change styling, themes and plugins etc.
Now you are ready with your first step.We will Move to second step.
Step 2 : Selecting themes for your WordPress blog
We need to know two basic things after wordpress installation.The first one is themes and the other one is plugins.
Themes : Themes is the structure of your website or blog.Without good structure, As all of you know , that we can’t engage our readers. Our readers want good structure, style and easy to load. When you click on Appearance , The first sub-option of appearance is themes, After clicking on themes. You will get preloaded themes of wordpress. You can select one of these themes if you want to use wordpress themes. But preloaded themes are not so much good with structure and layout.
There are so many developers who are providing good themes. Some of them links are given below. Have a look on these themes. If you do not want to use wordpress themes. May be someone of you are not happy with these themes also. So , Let’s go towards premium themes option. There is a website called themefores.net . Here is a link of the themeforest Click Here. Go to themeforest, Select wordpress , you will get lot of premium themes. Buy anyone of these , if you are ok to buy premium themes from themeforest .
Before selecting themes, I want to ask you one simple question. Are you bloggers ready with your topic in which you are going to start ? Themes are different for every topic.So select your topic first. I will help you in this. Before selecting a topic, You need to ask yourself one question in which you are superb. Why are you superb in that topic ? How much can you write in that topic ?. Is topic able to generate good amount of traffic or not.If you are done in this,buy themes according to your need.
If Anyone of you want some premium themes. I have some themes , You can messsage me or contact me via comment box , facebook, twitter , instagram.
Plugin : Plugin use in wordpress to give more functionality to your blog or themes. Like Pop up subscribe button, Live chat option, Form on your wordpress to get more leads,Social sharing button etc. Premium themes are already set up with required plugins.
If you want to install any plugin. Go to plugin option, Click on Add New option, Here in the right side you will get an option for search. Search the plugin whichever you want to install on your wordpress.
Important plugins for your blog. If you are bloggers. You need to know about some important plugins which will help your to boost your ranking, increase your engagement, etc.
1. Yoast Seo : This plugin will help you to check your seo , content optimization etc.
Step 3 : Overview of All Options of your WordPress blog
Dashboard : Overview of your blog like how many posts have you written, how many comments in your blog , how many pages in your blog ? etc. In this option , you will get overview of all things.
Posts : Posts have four sub-options
1. Posts : In this option , you will see all your previous written posts.
2. Add New : This is an option from where you can publish your new content or post.
3. Category : You can add,delete or edit your categories from this option. Category is like a branches of your blog. For example, I have Social Media, Technology, Blogging, Make Money Online, Affiliate Marketing & SEO.
4. Tags : Tags are an important terms or related terms to your posts. You can add,edit or deletes tags from this option.
Pages : Pages are important pages for your blog. For an example, About us , Contact Us, Privacy , Terms and condition , etc. Something which are not going to change over the time period.
Comments : In this option, you get all your blog comments. You can approve them, delete them if you want. It’s upto which comments you want to approve or trash.
Media : Here you will see all your images, videos and attactments like pdf file etc.
Appearance : This option has some sub-options
1. Themes : From this option you can activate themes. You can add new themes by this option.
2. Customize : With the help of this option, you can customize your themes like header, footer, links, Site name, etc.
3. Widget : Widgets are important areas of your blog. You can put ads in that widget, forms, social buttons etc. It’s totally upto you how will you use this ?.
4. Menus : You can create a new menu from this menu option. You can put menus according to you in your wordpress blog.
5. Editor : If you are good with the coding , you can change structure,coding from this option
Tools : In this option , you will get some sub-options like Import, Export etc. . If you have some sample data, you can import your sample data from this options.
Settings : This is the important part of how to create a blog on wordpress blogging platform. This option has some sub-options:
1. General : With the help of this general option , You can update your blog title and tagline. By default, we get Your Blog and Your First WordPress blog in the tagline. You can change it from this and in the downside, you will get an option of update. After changing the title and tagline, you can update that from update button.
2. Reading : How’s your homepage appearing ? . By default , your latest posts are appearing on the homepage. If you have any static page for your homepage. You can select static page and choose desired page for your wordpress homepage.
3. Permalinks : The URL ( Uniform resource locator ) of your blog. You can select an option from the mentioned below options. How do you want to show your url to public ?
From my recommendation : You can select either example.com/post-name/ or example.com/category/post-name/
Both are good according to me.
This post of “how to create a blog on wordpress blogging platform” has everything what you should know in the stage of starting. If you want to know more about wordpress. You can message me . I will sure come with new advanced article of wordpress where the post belongs to Experts.
As we know , Blogging is all about patience , dedication & punctuality. Give your 100% to your blogging life and blogging life will give you what you wish to get.
My Next article : Top Make Money Online Programs in the world
I hope all of you are happy with this post “create a blog on wordpress” and Please don’t forget to give your precious suggestion in comment box.
Have a nice day to all my lovely readers.