Some users have had a hard time updating the BIOS without the availability of Q-Flash or @BIOS so we decided to write a helpful guide.
Download the following files:
Pick your model from the list
Click on the tab “Support & Downloads”
Set “Download Type” to BIOS
Download BIOS file.
Preparing the USB Flash drive with the BIOS files:
- Run hpusb.exe to install the utility.
- Plug in you USB flash drive to your computer.
- Run the program you just installed (HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool).
- Select your USB flash drive as your device.
- Choose FAT32 as file system.
- (Optional) Select Volume label if you want to give your USB flash drive a name.
- Under format options, choose create a DOS startup disk.
- Select ”using DOS system files located at” and point the program to the folder ”win98boot” which you just downloaded (you need to unzip this folder).
- Then click the start button.
- Now when you have created your bootable USB flash drive, you need to input the BIOS.
- Download the latest BIOS for your motherboard from gigabyte.com
- Unpack the file that you just downloaded.
- You now see three files, Efiflash, autoexec together with a file that’s called the same as your chosen motherboard.
- Copy all three files to the USB flash drive.
- Choose ”replace all files on destination”
Change BIOS settings on your Bay Trail motherboard (This allows Legacy boot, also needed to boot Linux etc):
- Plug in your monitor via D-SUB
- Enter BIOS by pressing DEL on your keyboard
(You may may have to use a PS/2 keyboard or USB to PS/2 adapter depending on what keyboard you are using)
- Go to the ”Save & Exit” menu and press Restore Defaults
- Go to the ”Advanced” menu, enter the ”CSM Configuration” sub-menu
- Change the setting for CSM Support to Enabled, make sure that the Boot option filter is set to UEFI and Legacy
- Go to the ”Save & Exit” menu and press Save Changes and Reset
Flash your BIOS:
- Connect your USB Flash drive that you prepared earlier
- Boot up the computer
- The GIGABYTE SPI Flash BIOS Update Utility will start automatically and update your BIOS
(If the update process does not start automatically then please press F12 during POST and
choose USB Flash drive as boot device or disconnect any HDD/SSD/Etc that you may have connected)
- After the update utility is finished remove the USB Flash drive and reboot your system